Do you want to help solve big problems for customers using your amazing problem solving and design skills? Do you know how to deliver solution ideas that are intuitive to end users? HealthStream seeks an interaction designer to join our growing User Experience Team. You’ll be working in a collaborative team environment that’s part of an exciting company culture located in downtown Nashville.
- Has extensive experience working with product teams and customers on the interaction design of complex, enterprise-wide web applications that provide end users an engaging and intuitive user experience
- Finds joy in building smart prototypes to iterate and validate product ideas
- Places a premium on user success and delight
- Communicates ideas as well as design – and able to receive feedback constructively
- Has expert-level skills in HTML and CSS and intermediate experience with design software
- Has experience with Bootstrap, CSS pre-compilers, and font-based icons
- Follows cutting-edge front-end development practices and technology (CSS3, SVG, canvas, media queries, responsive design, HTML5)
- Has general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and .NET
- Appreciates and contributes to a collaborative, team-based environment
- Is familiar with prototyping and testing tools, including Sketch, Invision, Axure or similar tools
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge, and Other Requirements:
- 4-6 years working as an interaction designer or information architect for web or software applications
- Knowledgeable of best practices of all major web-based interfaces
- Needs to be a leader who is not afraid to make decisions but also promotes a collaborative environment to ensure the opinions and recommendations of all team members are evaluated and considered.