Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers. We transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users.
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced Interaction Designer with experience designing complex transactional systems into intuitive and valuable products. Interaction Designers at Bloomberg are excellent analytical and conceptual thinkers that translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into innovative design. This position requires a strong foundation in user centred design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
Designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting to internal clients. Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts. This position will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements.
Interaction Designers at Bloomberg form a core team that is responsible for the highest impact business and platform products. In addition, this team provides design stewardship and governance through a customized UI toolkit that specifies interactions at a very granular level. Interaction Designers create and maintain standards for this toolkit as well as recommended design patterns for our 3,000+ technologists to follow. Through collaboration with the technology and product teams, designers are able to test solutions in real-time and instantaneously deliver software to customers.
This position is for a thoughtful designer with enterprise product experience to provide support for a top-priority project that encompasses more than 40 teams and 25 initiatives aimed at supporting our 4,500 engineers. You will help us build new and weave together existing, infrastructure components and ensure that it is all optimized for efficiency and clarity. You'll work closely with development teams, product owners and end users to synthesize our ideas and needs into user-focused designs. You'll design processes and systems for our engineers to use as they deploy, maintain and monitor the systems that our customers use.
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience designing transactional or highly interactive user interfaces
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- Track record of applying common User-Centred Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Understanding of workflow systems, software development processes, and command centre monitoring tools
- Experience in project management a plus
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.