Intensive Outpatient Program Manager
The OutpatientProgram Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the Intensiveoutpatient program, both clinically and operationally. As part of the behavioral health leadershipteam, the Outpatient Manager will, asappropriate and available, participate in departmental and hospital committees,trainings, public events, and staff recruiting and programdevelopment.
- Maintain consistency in clinical programing, ensures groups are run on time, and patients are accounted for. Ensure patients are attending therapy per individual physician orders.
- Establish and maintain a sense of community among patient and staff responding to patient comments and concerns, by appropriately addressing any issues reported in patient comments, grievances and satisfaction surveys.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the Outpatient Intake and Assessment process to ensure referrals meet medical necessity and clinical appropriateness for the outpatient level of care. Develop and maintain daily intake and assessment scheduled to ensure coverage is consistent and predictable.
- Provide oversight on use of the pre and post suicide / self-harm assessment, and ensure that all patients are assessed for self-harm on a daily basis while in program attendance.
- Oversee and train on how to respond to and manage patient crisis during program hours.
- Ensure that staff practices policy and procedures regarding patient behavior and appropriate documentation using the electronic record system.
- Work with attending physicians to ensure their compliance to state and federal regulations in both seeing the patient and documentation thereof. Meet with physicians quarterly to assess / discuss any needs or concerns that may affect their ability to perform patient care issues.
- Train and audit clinical documentation for quality content, completeness, signatures with credentials, dates and times. Maintain audit documentation for purposes of quality improvement and training ensuring that clinical documentation meets / exceeds regulatory compliance and joint commission standards.
- Ensures budget and FTE management, utilization review oversight and medical benefit and oversight billing.
- Develops, implements and is actively involved in the referral / business development plan for the IOP services and for the behavioral health department as needed. Develop and maintain up-to-date referral log, contacting referral sources via phone, email, or in-person visits. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers using key words and performing AIDET.
Masters degree inSocial Work (MSW), counseling, or marriage & family therapy required.
Five (5) yearsworking in the behavioral health field, with one year of acute psychiatricand/or intensive outpatient program management orsupervision
"Understandingof group dynamics and related/relevant and current treatment modalities.
Assessment skills,organizational ability, and management skillsrequired."