Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
Ciena recognizes that automation has become its own discipline within IT and Enterprise at large. This fundamental shift encourages us to think about establishing a role that helps in creating fundamental architectural decisions in the Enterprise that enable digital automation.
The intelligent automation space covers solutions that integrate business process automation, robotic process automation, cognitive automation and the supporting ecosystem of tools including JIRA, Jenkins, ServiceNOW, Automated Testing Frameworks and other CI/CD pipeline components.
Intelligent Automation and tools architect is responsible for the full life cycle delivery of Intelligent automation solutions and capabilities. This includes the integration and configuration of automation tools, frameworks and platforms. The architect must be able to interface effectively with both technologists and business owners, and shepherd the initiatives to completion.
- Define vision, strategy and principles for intelligent automation
- Determine programming impact on existing systems/automation frameworks
- Create or modify procedures to solve complex problems; taking technology,people, process,culture and desired results into account
- Drives creative and innovative technical concepts to automate workflows to operational tools, designed with the capability to be reusable, maintainable and efficient
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility, and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans
- Provide guidance on refactoring or creating test scripts/modules to reflect re-use, modularity and scale.
- Knowledgeable and effective in following established testing practices and processes.
- Practice 'infrastructure as code' management of systems life-cycle.
- Practice ‘systems of interaction’ and platform enablement of ecosystem of platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Workday, Oracle Ebiz, ServiceNow, etc) and integration between the platforms.
- Define and Implement
- Enterprise Automation Vision and Strategy
- Tools Platforms Scoped Roadmap
- Enterprise Tools Technology Use Map
- Set Goals and Measure
- Automation and Integration Project progress
- Automation Quality Improvements
- Sponsor, Lead and participate in
- Enterprise Automation Initiatives
- Enterprise Architecture forums and processes
Areas of impact
- Perform systems integration of various IT tools (starting with ServiceNow)
- Creates automation jobs and tools to enable the Enterprise Architecture group.
- Represent the domain of CI/CD, automation and monitoring tools and platforms in the Enterprise Architecture Body
- Establishing a pattern of usage for data collection, monitoring and machine Intelligence in the Incident Management, Problem management spaces.
- Automation and workflows for ITIL process e.g. CMDB, Asset Discovery, Mapping
- Minimum of a bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering).
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Systems Integration, workflow-based automation and knowledge of CI/CD pipeline components (including automated testing, test frameworks, deployment methodologies) is a must.
- Track record of being able to move from strategy to execution (hands on experience).
- Track record of being part of delivering value using Enterprise Architecture methodologies
- Track record of communicating and influencing the customers and stakeholders
- Track record of understanding company’s business and be able to tie back IT services to business needs
- Experience with AGILE Safe Frameworks and Release Train Planning is desirable
- Agility in reaching milestones and goals including knowledge of and practiced in agile methods of delivery
- Knowledge of supply chain, sales cycle in the Telecom Manufacturing Industry a plus
- Additional Experience in the following fields is a plus
- IaaS Cloud workflows
- Python or similar scripting and programming
- Machine Intelligence and algorithm usage for analytics
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process