Be part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad as an Intelligence Watch Analyst supporting a DHS 24/7/365 Watch Center in Washington, DC. Intelligence Watch Analysts are responsible for providing indications and warnings of threats directed against the Homeland and its assets abroad to Senior Leadership, analytical elements, the DHS National Operations Center (NOC), the DHS Intelligence Enterprise (IE), SLTT, the Intelligence Community (IC), and private sector stakeholders.
Qualified candidates must have a current TS with SCI eligibility security clearance. Current DHS Suitability is strongly preferred.
This position requires shift work.(non rotating shift)
The Intelligence Watch Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing analytic support to a 24/7/365 Government Watch Center.
- Maintaining awareness of current, relevant, and actionable intelligence.
- Conducting current intelligence research and analysis across open-source and classified information platforms, focusing on indicators and warnings of threats, infrastructure protection, border security, and cybersecurity.
- Identifying and assessing current and emerging threats and vulnerabilities as they relate to Homeland Security and its daily delivery to the Department's Chief Intelligence Officer
- Maintaining operational awareness of key resources and flows of information.
- Using IC-derived best practices to work independently on complex problems in all phases of the intelligence/law enforcement analysis.
- Triaging intelligence and preparing analytical assessments to provide strategic and operational support to decision-makers.
- Coordinating with DHS Component, SLTT, and IC members, as needed, on current intelligence and emerging threats.
- Participating in multi-agency outreach activities between DHS and other members of the IC.
- Interacting daily with Senior Leadership on various matters concerning branch duties and tasks.
- Writing intelligence-related reports and summaries under tight timelines and strict guidelines.
The position involves performing critical duties and responsibilities during crisis situations and contingency operations. Responsiveness to elevated threat levels may requires special consideration, such as temporary relocation and extended or rotational hours of work.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Ability to work in 24/7/365 Watch Center environment
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet the customer’s changing business needs.
- Strong professional writing skills
- Ability to query a variety of intelligence data sources, repositories.
- Ability to learn new tools easily.
- Strong ability to communicate orally and in writing to audiences at all levels.
- Experience conducting research/data mining in intelligence databases.
- Strong ability to collaborate well with others
- Experience and/or education indicates knowledge of one or more intelligence topics pertaining to Homeland Security, including (but not limited to) the intelligence cycle, counterterrorism, infrastructure protection, threat monitoring, cybersecurity, border security.
- Previous shift work experience in support of a 24/7/365 Watch Center.
- Knowledge of DHS systems and databases.
- Applicant must be able to work a shift schedule.(non rotating shift)
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the following competencies: 1) initiative, 2) attention to detail), 3) interpersonal skills, 4) oral and writing communication, and 5) problem solving.
- Applicants should possess basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite software and a basic understanding of the DHS Mission, the National Watchlisting Mission, the National Strategy for Information Sharing, Criminal Intelligence Systems, Operating Policies (28 CFR Part 23), Executive Order 12333, the Intelligence Community, the intelligence cycle, and intelligence disciplines (Human Intelligence, Measurement and signature Intelligence, Geospatial Intelligence, Signals Intelligence, and Open Source Intelligence).
Education and Experience:
Mid-Level Intelligence Watch Analyst:
- At least 7 years of related experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of related experience; OR a Master's degree with at least 3 years of related experience.
Senior-Level Intelligence Watch Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 8years of related experience; OR a Master's degree with at least 7 years of related experience.
Qualifying candidates must have a current TS with SCI eligibility security clearance. Current DHS Suitability is strongly preferred.
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.