BAE Systems is seeking experienced Intelligence professionals to work at our government customer site in Vienna, VA. This program consists of a large team working in various units per customer requirements and the program requires 24/7 shift work. Intelligence Analyst SME 1 responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Establishes methodology for problems which do not appear to be susceptible to treatment by generally accepted methods;
- Reviews and evaluates incoming intelligence reports and information, collection plans, and programs;
- Develops and projects data, draws conclusions, and estimates probabilities based upon knowledge of current and past intelligence situations, and an understanding of the significance of conditions and trends;
- Provides specialized intelligence and threat analysis and production support;
- Accesses and performs research on designated automated intelligence databases for the purpose of identifying information of interest to the customer, downloading the identified information to an appropriate medium, and editing the information into format(s) to be specified by the customer;
- Provides intelligence and threat analysis of the information that is tailored to the customer's requirements;
- Develops information and technical support documents, summaries, reports, presentations and other designated products in support of the customer's information and technical support requirements;
- Presents briefings to personnel designated by the customer
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eleven (11) years of relevant experience are required.
- Shall have expert knowledge and mastery in the application of a wide range of qualitative
- and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness and/or the improvement of complex management processes, systems, and procedures.
- Shall have mastery knowledge of applicable theories, principles, practices, approaches, and techniques of research, survey methodology, and analysis concepts.
- Shall have comprehensive knowledge of the range of administrative laws, executive orders, directives, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administration of TSC programs.
- Shall quickly develop knowledge of the TSC's overall structure, missions, functions, policies, and programs in order to identify the impact and effect of study findings and recommendations on the TSC.
- Shall quickly develop knowledge of TSC program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments.
- Shall quickly develop knowledge of relationships with other programs and key administrative support functions within the TSC or partner agencies.
- Shall have analytical ability to design and conduct comprehensive management and/or program studies where the boundaries are extremely broad and difficult to determine and to develop logical, clear, and well-documented recommendations and conclusions.
- Shall have expert ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to tactfully and persuasively advise and guide executive management relative to a variety of issues which can be delicate in nature; includes making presentations and preparing complete, clear, and concise formal and informal reports, correspondence, briefings, charts, tables, and graphs that are distributed throughout the TSC and its partner agencies.
- Shall have the ability to plan, organize, and direct team study work and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where the
- proposals involve substantial TSC resources, and require extensive changes in established procedures.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned.
Masters Degree preferredAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.