Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires a minimum of a 6 months deployment.
- Produces intelligence assessments for formal production and release to the Intelligence Community (IC) and other consumers Coordinates with other NGIC offices, IC organizations and theater intelligence resources to gather additional information and share analytic conclusions.
- Conducts all-source intelligence analysis to identify insurgent and IED networks, which include leaders, facilitators, financiers, cell members and bomb makers to identify potential targets for possible lethal and non-lethal action.
- Coordinates with other teams, including WTI, the Direct Support SIGINT Element (DSSE), and NGA GEOINT support to produce assessments and targeting products.
- Develop regional network assessments of IED and insurgent networks.
- Produce targeting support products for deployed forces.
- Prepare and present intelligence briefings and presentations.
- Evaluate information reporting and sources.
- Answer Requests for Information (RFI) Develop Source Directed Requirements (SDR).
- Populate and maintain databases, production trackers and files.
- Deploy, on a rotational basis, throughout the theater of operations to conduct counterinsurgent and IED network analysis (upon successful pre-deployment evaluation).
Senior Insurgent Network Analyst (Targeting)
Government trained intelligence analysts with a minimum of 7 years of intelligence analysis and targeting experience, and a four-year degree. 12 years of total intelligence analysis and targeting experience can substitute for a degree.
- Knowledgeable of the Intelligence Cycle, Collection Management Cycle, Targeting Cycle and intelligence analytic techniques including trend and pattern analysis, geospatial analysis, link analysis and network or social network analysis. The Contractor shall be experienced with data processing systems such as DCGS-A, CIDNE, and SIPRNET and JWICS search engines.
- Working knowledge of i2 Analyst Notebook, AXIS Pro, WebTAS, ArcGIS, and Google Earth.
- Be proficient at using basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development; possess strong research, writing and editing skills; and be capable of managing teams of analysts in support of tactical, strategic and special operations forces conducting counter insurgent/IED targeting.
- Understand intelligence requirements for both lethal and non-lethal targeting.
- MOS 31D, 311D, 35F, 350F, 35D, 18F, 180A, or DoD joint service equivalent, or civilian 0132, 1811.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience. Must maintain active/current TS/SCI clearances.
- Typically requires 7 years related experience and a bachelor's degree, or 12 years' experience.
- Must maintain active/current TS/SCI clearances.
- Background in counter-terrorism, counter insurgency, or counter IED analysis and experience as an intelligence or targeting analyst in Afghanistan.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience supporting a SOF Task Force highly desired and preferred
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Some travel may be required. May spend a lot of time standing due to laboratory conditions.