The team is responsible for the implementation of processes, procedures and establishing the enterprise vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
This role reports to the intelliflo Chief Operating Officer and is accountable and responsible, on a global basis, for all Security and Privacy activities for intelliflo. The CISO will establish and conduct the operations of the Security and Privacy function, including aligning the vision, goals, objectives, policies, and standards of this function with the intelliflo business strategy. The CISO will work closely with Invesco Global Security to design and monitor intelliflo policies and standards and will represent intelliflo across relevant governance forums.
The CISO will demonstrate a customer-first mindset, working alongside company officers, business managers, security teams, and IT managers to effectively monitor and maintain the security of intelliflo assets, which includes customer data held across our software environments.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish the vision, goals, objectives, and budget for the Security and Privacy function.
- Facilitate the onboarding, development and growth of Security and Privacy talent.
- Achieve goals by setting the strategic direction for Security and Privacy across the company.
- Interact with senior executives within intelliflo and Invesco to influence critical business decisions.
- Own the definition of all security and privacy aspects of the Intelliflo-Invesco integration roadmap.
- Develop a plan to enhance and manage Security and Privacy practices on an ongoing basis.
- Deploy integrated risk-based policies, procedures, and strategy to protect company assets.
- Identify, evaluate and report emerging security threats and integrate countermeasures.
- Conduct comprehensive security assessments of risks and exposures and deploy mitigating factors.
- Design the global security operations center in partnership with Invesco.
- Implement and operate the technology data protection toolchain.
- Build and operate the vulnerability management program.
- Participate on the intelliflo Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
- Participate on the Invesco Global Security Oversight Committee (overall program governance).
- Supervise the Security and Privacy team responsible for all aspects of safeguarding company assets.
- Maintain key contacts in appropriate law enforcement agencies and peer companies.
- Present the intelliflo security program to stakeholder groups within intelliflo and Invesco.
- Participate in client due diligence meetings for larger client opportunities and annual reviews.
- Develop and maintain a network of third-party service providers around the world.
- Lead, educate, and support business leaders, managers, and front-line workers on security threats.
- Create a culture of risk awareness that empowers secure and safe behaviors in all situations.
- Ensure that all security and protective activities are within legal and ethical boundaries.
- Implement programs to identify and prevent fraud to minimize exposure to financial losses.
The experience you bring:
- An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years directly related work experience in managing information security operations
- Seasoned executive with significant experience in information security management and leadership
- Experience in SaaS companies, cloud security and financial services an asset
- Detailed knowledge of the information security industry landscape and developments
- A proven track record of success in partnership and collaboration with senior executives
- Experience working with remote line management and matrix management is highly beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to command respect with gravitas
- Strong leader with ability to motivate and develop a team of professionals
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior management and other key constituents
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks
- Ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis and business understanding
- Strong work ethic and capability to get involved in the details of key business issues
- Strong collaboration skills with peers and colleagues
- Strong sense of urgency with unquestionable integrity
- Demonstrates ownership and a proactive mind-set
- Inspires and motivates others through sharing a compelling vision for change
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar designation preferred
Why you should join the team:
Our people are the very core of our success. We offer competitive and performance-driven compensation that rewards your contributions to our clients’ success.
- Competitive compensation
- Health and wellness benefits
- Retirement planning
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Work-life programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- Study support
- Career development
- Challenging Work
- Bright Colleagues