As an Intellectual Property Operations Manager you will have the unique opportunity to work on a variety of IP matters and special projects. You will drive significant IP initiatives and projects such as patent and trademark portfolio development and maintenance, oversight of patent litigation efforts, patent licensing, and mergers and acquisitions. You will support the development and improvement of internal processes and be point person on communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys with management and execution of IP projects and initiatives, including establishing procedures, processes, and workflows to efficiently resolve legal matters and ensure timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Assist attorneys with patent litigation matters. May conduct legal and other informative research as needed. May assist attorneys in the drafting, editing, and proofreading of documents. Track and docket patent litigation matters, third-party requests, and investigations, and coordinate across internal functions to capture information vital for various reporting requirements.
- Support global trademark efforts and coordinate with business and marketing teams, prepare periodic analyses of trademark spend, along with recommendations for cost savings and value maximization. Draft cease & desist letters, takedown notices, and other documents as assigned.
- Support patent filing, annuity, inventor recognition and monetization efforts, including running reports and generating sophisticated data analyses about patent spend, filings and prosecution metrics. Coordinate and facilitate periodic meetings to help manage the patent portfolio, conduct outside counsel reviews, identify monetization opportunities, and other cross-team initiatives.
- Assist attorneys with creation of presentations regarding various IP matters for others outside the department including Citrix Officers or its Board of Directors.
- Assist internal team members with special projects as needed, such as mergers and acquisitions and coordination and facilitation of IP training events, and other duties as assigned.
• Strong project management, presentation, business, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work proactively and independently, often with shifting priorities, to manage completion of projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
• Large law firm and/or in-house corporate experience.
• Ability to learn and become proficient in IP matters (patents, trademarks, and/or IP litigation) if not already knowledgeable in such matters.
• Paralegal certification or equivalent experience a plus.
• High attention to detail in delivered work product.
• Flexibility, resourcefulness and resilience; creativity and initiative to problem solve and overcome obstacles.
• Meets deadlines while tackling multiple roles and multitasking.
• Eagerness to learn about new technologies, yet comfortable with data and analytics, presentation building and generating reports.
- BA or BS from a well-respected college or university
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, IP-related support or paralegal work required with legal practice or relevant in-house experience, preferably in a technology environment for a US based global company
- Experienced knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, NetDocuments, Workday, Legal Tracker, and web conferencing software.