Job Description :
Manages patent portfolio, to include management and oversight of outside counsel. Advises clients on patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret matters.
Advises clients on US Government contract matters. Prepares, reviews and advises on software, patent and other license agreements.
Reviews and drafts Proprietary Information Agreements. Reviews and drafts contracts.
Advises leadership on legal and business matters. Works both autonomously and as part of teams to solve problems and achieve goals. Takes initiative and provides leadership in the IP area. Conducts or oversees IP valuations.
J.D. from an accredited law school. Admitted to practice in at least one state. Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the intellectual property area.
The following are also desirable:
- outstanding personal skills in working with and relating to others;
- experience managing a patent portfolio;
- experience drafting licensing agreements;
- familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFARS;
- experience with data rights assertions with respect to the U.S. Government; experience advising clients on trade secret, trademark and copyright matters;
- knowledge and proficiency in U.S. Government and commercial contracts; and
- experience providing legal and related business advice to clients.