Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With offices in Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the best and the brightest.
We are seeking an Intellectual Property attorney with an advanced degree in Biology or Molecular Biology (or related Bioscience field) and prior experience prosecuting patents before the US Patent and Trademark Office. Successful candidates will work on a wide range of issues and across broad legal functions in a dynamic patent practice with a focus on life sciences, crop science, pharmaceuticals, and chemical companies. Experience in any or all of the following disciplines is also preferred: molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, genome engineering, antibodies, diagnostics, biofuels, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, small molecules, gene editing, protein expression and engineering, and personalized medicine. Candidates also must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a team oriented mentality, and be a motivated self-starter with strong law school credentials and references.
In this position you will:
• Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility.
• Collaborate across practice groups and across offices.
• Have opportunities for advancement in a collegial environment.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an advanced degree in Biology or Molecular Biology (or related Bioscience field).
• Have at least 3 years of experience with patent prosecution with a focus on life sciences, crop science, pharmaceuticals, and chemical companies.
• Excel in a team environment.
• Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship building skills both internally and externally.
• Have experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own.
• Be highly motivated and a self-starter.
• Possess strong business skills.
• Be flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Have excellent written and oral communication, as well as analytical skills.
• Have excellent law school credentials and references.
Our attorneys enjoy:
• Quality benefit programs.
• Workplace flexibility.
• One-on-One Career coaching.