This position is part of the Engineering Integrity Management Team responsible for project management; ensuring that all personnel are trained and certified to assure system integrity, regulatory compliance and risk reduction for the Company. Responsibilities include coordination and integration of relevant integrity information and facilitation of risk management processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Manage entire scope of work on Integrity Management projects, including both capital and expense. This will include selection of test methods, defining scope of work, coordination and verification of drawings, modification of pipeline facilities and permit request information. In addition, it handles preparation of inspection procedures and selection of contractor equipment.
- Coordination with the Project Manager (s) and other Team Leads to execute the assigned project (s) on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare justification for project scope of work and cost estimates to submit Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
- Prepare project schedules and manage projects in accordance with the project’s schedule. Provide project updates to Engineering Managers and other key company officers.
- Responsible for the assessment of integrity of pipeline anomalies after thoroughly reviewing ILI preliminary reports. This is a requirement of inspection personnel, which includes but is not limited to the specific requirements, monitoring of assigned confirmation digs and/or repair activities. It will also have authority over contract personnel, safety compliance and necessary documentation. Report results of confirmation digs to ILI vendors to finalize ILI report.
- Perform engineering analysis and/or ASME BV316 Manual to calculate remaining strength on corroded pipeline anomalies as identified by ILI reports.
- Access pipeline anomalies to determine Fitness for Service, utilizing appropriate NDT testing techniques. Recommend maintenance activities to ensure system integrity, regulatory compliance and risk reduction.
- Ensure compliance with CFR 195, ASME B31.4, API 570, CSFM, PHMSA, State and Local agencies, OSHA and all Company Standards and Policies.
- Ensure all work will comply with regulations by coordination with utility companies and other departments. Additionally, all project will be executed in accordance with applicable company policies, local and federal regulatory requirements.
- Approve final operating phase for all projects, after ensuring compliance with Crimson O & M, IMP Manuals, permit Closeout List and completion checklist requirements.
- Ensure that project documentation policy is followed; properly filed and stored throughout all stages of a project.
- Analyze complicated and difficult documentation.
- Interact with regulatory agencies.
- Additional projects as required at the direction of the Department Manager or the Vice-President of Engineering and Regulatory Compliance.
Education and Basic Requirements
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Science Degree required.
- License or chartered professional engineer preferred.
- 3-5 years in Integrity Management and 10+ years of combined technical experience in engineering, maintenance or operations required.
- Strong knowledge of CFR 195, API 510, 570, 653, 1104 and B31G required.
- Solid knowledge of Pipeline operation, CSFM and DOT Regulations preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships, working cross-functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations that ensure the compliant operation of the business.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point Project and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Valid driver’s license required.