When you rely on urban rail to get you where you want to go, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced and unpredictable world, our architects design and deliver the extrordinary solutions that make tomorrow's transit possible today - making your life better life better, and keeping you safer in transit. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to you. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for an Integration & Test Manager to join our Thales Transportation team in New York, NY.
- Establish and maintain the assigned project's Test & Commissioning Program.
- Establish and maintain the detailed planning of the field test program including the labor forecasting and other resources such as access, trains etc needed to execute field program.
- Supervision of the site test team in the planning, execution and reporting of field integration and commissioning tests.
- Plan field test resources, including co-ordination use of testing support personnel from the installation Contractor.
- Participate in the actual testing directly if necessary.
- Establish estimates and work packages as required.
- Coordinate (through customer's PMO) with the customer's Central Control operators for the preplanning and execution of field commissioning tests.
- Coordinate and capture necessary access for all field activities.
- Coordinate site investigation of CBTC technical issues and resolution thereof.
- Responsible for providing technical support in all site operational matters in the conduct of integration and commissioning test activities.
- Provide interface with any specialists periodically sent to site for problem resolution.
- Responsible for all tests and test certificates for completeness, accuracy and integrity prior to submission internally or to customer.
- Lead problem solving efforts to effect positive change with respect to quality, costs, test cycle reductions and ease of test.
- Support to Quality staff for configuration control and QA/QC requirements at project sites.
- Establish/maintain a project failure reporting system.
- Work with diverse departments from multiple business units.
- Promotes customer relations / company credibility.
- Carry out Test Readiness Reviews prior to all field testing to ensure complete preparation and efficient usage of Thales and customer resources.
- Provides reports as required to management and customers on the progress and results of the integration and test program. This includes monthly risk analysis updates.
- Provide key metric data and tracking for activities under scope.
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of diplomas and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in Systems Test and Verification in a field environment.
- Experience in leading/testing of large complex train control systems in live operating environments.
- Knowledge of safety standards and practices required at a transit project site.
- Working knowledge of Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) products and general Railway Operating Rules and practices.
- Experience in a multi-unit project delivery environment a strong asset
- Experience in deploying fixed block signaling systems a strong asset
- Position requires flexible work schedule. Work hours varying in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (approximately 10%)