Saab's Surveillance U.S. Division in East Syracuse, NY is currently seeking Integration & Test Engineers for Surface Surveillance Systems in support of Government contracts. These systems include the Airport Surface Detection Equipment (ASDE-X), Airport Surface Surveillance Capabilities (ASSC), comprising of Multilateration, ADS-B, Surface Movement Radars, Runway Status Lights, in addition, Digital Tower technology to support airlines, airports and air traffic control towers.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work on leading-edge technologies that directly support the majority of flights in the U.S.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities will include:
- Discover, investigate, and solve problems.
- Develop, document, and execute test approaches and procedures.
- Conduct and support system integration in a lab environment.
- Assist in hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Generate and investigate problem reports.
- Participate in technical reviews and status meetings.
- Conduct engineering dry runs, formal testing, and regression testing.
- Create test scenarios using various simulators.
- Perform data analysis, prepare test briefings, and write test reports.
- Work in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Mentor less-experienced engineers.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of various factors.
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline.
- Interact with internal and external customers on technical and programmatic issues.
Note: This is not an aerospace/avionics engineering position. Work is mostly software-focused, though there may be tasks involving electronics and RF equipment.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited degree program, with a major in an engineering discipline, computer science, physics, or mathematics.
- 0-3+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Comfortable in a test lab environment
- Experience with Microsoft tools and Microsoft Windows applications
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
- High standards of quality and attention to detail
- Experience with software and hardware test methodologies and regression testing
- Experience with software, hardware, and system integration activities
- Familiarity with Unix, and/or Linux
- Familiarity with MATLAB, DOORS, and JIRA
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
- Familiarity with operating electronic test gear such as oscilloscopes and waveform generators
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Understanding of the use of configuration management, quality assurance, requirement management systems, and automatic testing tools
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
- 401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
- Tuition assistance
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase program with employer match