Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Software development in various languages (C, C++, C#, possibly Ada).
- Computer system setup (includes hardware and software installation and troubleshooting)
- Schedule and coordinate hardware and software integration tasks with other groups.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management systems, hardware interfaces, and large scale software development.
- Hands on interaction with multiple software and hardware platforms.
- Provide assistance to application engineers during their site time.
- Command a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) issues.
- Implement corrective measures for all HSI issues that are not compliant to requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices.
- Help with the resolution of all acceptance faults.
- Participate in installations and final sell off of training devices.
- Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer.
- Project Team Meetings (Weekly meetings with assigned staff).
- Customer Reviews (support formal reviews with customers as required by assigned project)
- Configuring computers includes understanding and compliance with all Information Assurance policies
- Understanding computer interfaces is required (Ethernet, 1553, Arinc)
- Command a clear understanding of all technical requirements for assigned projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B S degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with a minimum of 2 years in flight simulation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance