An Integration Specialist shall provide technical leadership for the integration, test, and sell off of simulation training devices. Engineering skills in Systems, Hardware, Software, and Test functional disciplines are applied to technically coordinate small and support medium and large size projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Software development in various languages (C, C++, C#, possibly Ada).
- Software configuration management using StarTeam
- Computer system setup (includes hardware and software installation and troubleshooting)
- Configuring computers includes understanding and compliance with all Information Assurance policies
- Understanding computer interfaces is required (Ethernet, 1553, Arinc)
- Command a clear understanding of all technical requirements for assigned projects.
- Command a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) issues.
- Implement corrective measures for all HSI issues that are not compliant to requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices.
- Manage the resolution of all acceptance faults.
- Participate in installations and final sell off of training devices.
- Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer.
- Responsible for training device from requirements to final acceptance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B S degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 8 years experience in flight simulation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. All communications must be in English.
- Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to sit down for long lengths of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and to International sites
- Should be familiar with and be able to operate simulation training devices such as: full flight motion devices, maintenance training devices, entertainment devices and fixed base training devices.
- Should be familiar with and able to support Engineering or Operations staff on any type and sub-component of training devices.
- Must be willing to work overtime