Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Development and integration.
- Hardware setup and integration.
- Schedule and coordinate hardware and software integration tasks with other groups.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management systems, hardware interfaces, and large scale software development.
- Hands on interaction with multiple software and hardware platforms.
- Provide assistance to application engineers during their site time.
- Command a clear understanding of Hardware and Software Integration (HSI) issues.
- Implement corrective measures for all HSI issues that are not compliant to requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during subjective and objective evaluations of training devices.
- Help with the resolution of all acceptance faults.
- Participate in installations and final sell off of training devices.
- Coordinate and review technical/operational deliverables prior to submission to customer.
- Project Team Meetings (Weekly meetings with assigned staff).
- Customer Reviews (support formal reviews with customers as required by assigned project)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B S degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in flight simulation or 4 years of experience in a similar field.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35%.
- Must be willing to work extended paid hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. All communications must be in English.
- Software development in various languages (C, C++, C#, possibly Ada, possibly Fortran).
- Computer systems setup including hardware and software installation and setup of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Computer interfaces (video, Ethernet, serial).
- Understanding of configuration management and hands on experience with configuration management tools.
- Basic network administration using Cisco switches.
- Windows Server administration/security relevant policy deployment.
- Computer Systems environments (environment variables, shells, registry settings).
- Windows batch files.
- Linux shell scripts.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft interfaces (1553, ARINC).
- Basic knowledge of simulation I/O (DI, DO).
- Basic knowledge of testing equipment (digital multi-meter).
- Support of testing events and resolution of all testing faults.
- Intermediate knowledge of aircraft interfaces (1553, ARINC).
- Motion and Controls experience.
- Otherscriptinglanguages (Python, Perl).
- Security relevant accreditations (CISSP, SSCP, A+)