The Hartford is seeking an Integration Solution Architect to join the Application Architecture team. The Hartford is vigorously pursuing innovative technologies like APIs, cloud, hybrid cloud, microservices, containers, internet of things (iot), and blockchain, an important enabler for all of this is integration with our existing systems.
This a technical position that requires 4+ years' experience in architecture combined with demonstrated technical knowledge of implementing enterprise integration solutions. If integration is your passion and you have deep technical knowledge of integration technologies and patterns then The Hartford is the place to be.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with solution architects, security and engineering to design the needed integrations to support our digital transformation.
- Designs integrations to connect internal applications, SaaS solutions, partner applications, cloud based applications that are performant and secure.
- Performs and supports API design at the enterprise level.
- Provides architectural oversight of API Management Platform.
- Designs reusable integration components and services that can be leverage by agile teams to improve speed.
- Evaluates innovative technical integration strategies and solutions for enterprise use.
- Participates in Integration Governance process to ensure enterprise standards are met.
- Assists with the integration portfolio management by keeping our integration inventory catalog up to date and using it to identify integration simplification/rationalization opportunities.
- Creates and updates Integration reference architecture documents.
- Experience designing and implementing integration solutions that using service oriented architecture (SOA), REST, messaging and file transfer patterns.
- Knowledge of the integration protocols REST and SOAP.
- Experience with designing JSON and XML based messages.
- Experience with API Management Platforms. Knowledge of IBM API Connect management platform would be a plus.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specification standards.
- Knowledge of IBM DataPower Gateway capabilities and how to leverage in end to end integration design.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant architecture patterns and their application to API/Webservice design.
- Experience designing with synchronous and asynchronous message exchange patterns.
- Experience with security standards OAuth, basic authentication, JWT, SAML, and OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of message-oriented middleware platforms like IBM MQ.
- Experienced working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.
- A strong desire to stay on top of trends and innovations in all aspects of application integration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or Expression/ Religion/ Age