We are hiring an Integration Security Engineer who will work in collaboration with their respective team on various initiatives helping to support up to 80 IT Delivery Teams within Unum US per their requests to integrate systems and applications based on project requirements for Mainframe, Distributed Systems and Web Applications. This is a specialty team that works with specialty tools and acts as an internal consultancy to the enterprise at large. You will ensure that security is established both inside and outside the firewall utilizing Layer 7 and integrate applications using IIB or MuleSoft API's. You will work on developing multiple endpoints and write security services per requirements in addition to supporting security protocols SSL, OLAF, SFTP, HTTPS, etc. You will ensure that services provided will be delivered to high quality standards by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration in Agile environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- 4+ years' experience with demonstrated success in software development or equivalent experience
- Experience building reusable security policies using security gateway products like: Layer 7, DataPower, Apigee, and other products. Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Experience with integration platforms like MuleSoft, IIB, Webmethods.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Self-motivated, results oriented and takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Able to solve complex technical problems and drive system optimizations
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Responsible for the estimation, design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area. Able to complete complex feature development tasks.
- Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
- Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Leads sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement. May lead parts of same.
- Focuses on delivering business priority and value at all times
- Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
- Collaborates with the agile team to establish the definition of done for each of the stages of production within the team
- Collaborate with Test Engineers and Senior Test Engineers to ensure that software meets the definition of done; ensuring successful transition of work to the next stage of production during the sprints
- Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards; and ensures application and system stability.
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.