Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of assigned integrated systems projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Ensures STERIS Corporation staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent and repeatable project management procedures and processes. Drives effective project results to gain high customer satisfaction.
- Owns responsibility for project delivery by teams composed of Integration Lead Installers and Service Integration Specialists.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of field directives and scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
- Manages costs and billings. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financialreporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontractor purchase orders.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and STERIS standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Coordinates with the Senior Project Manager for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
- Assists sales in project development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, ElectricalEngineering, or Construction Management or an Associates Degree with equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction industry.
- Project Management experience related to installation of audio-visual equipment required, and experience with integrated Operating Rooms is strongly preferred.
- Requires 3-4 years project management or similar experience.
- Preferred 2+ years experience in hospital, construction, OR integration, information systems, or audio/video industry. O.R. video integration technologies and/or surgical background preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiation, and project management skill.
- High degree of technical aptitude and multi-tasking capability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in cross-functional environments and influence decision making across the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and interpersonal skills, with track record of successfully prioritizing multiple projects.
- Complex problem-solving situations involving multiple projects, customers and field sales priorities.
- Must resolve disputes and manage complex tradeoffs in order to maximize customer satisfaction and profit.
- Self-motivated, acts independently, effectively manages priorities and takes the initiative in problem solving and decision making.
- Must make quick decisions without constant guidance.