Integration engineers (IE) are the technical owner of server-to-server real-time integrations on the platform. These integrations are treated as an essential part of Xandr platform functionality that buyer expects, and the IE's mandate is to ensure the integration health platform-wide. To do so, IE's responsibilities include:
Skills & experience, tools, and technologies required for the job:
- Scope, design, integrate, upgrade, and maintain scalable and stable integrations ("pipes") platform-wide.
- Integrations are done using OpenRTB protocols, SQL, and API.
- Advise the partners in the industry (such as Google and Verizon) and their technical teams on the integration best practices.
- Build and maintain UI (user interface) and widely-used internal tools in Python or PHP. This is to facilitate the monitoring, testing, debugging, and integration process. Write/code prototypes or scripts to efficiently complete tasks based on partners' or internal needs.
- Test new products, build enablement processes, create runbooks, and roll-out products to partners with Product and Partner Tech Engineering teams.
- Serve as a level-3 escalation point for complex S2S integration-related issues or networking issues. Advise internal teams as S2S platform integration experts.
IE must have solid IT and engineering skills, customer-service mindset, and system-level understanding of how platforms interact with each other. Because each partner's system is unique, it's essential for the IE to be able to learn fast, figure out a complex system without documentation, and see how each component fits in Xandr ad serving system.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering, solutions architect, technical services or similar role.
- A quantitatively-oriented bachelor's degree.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Versatile, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to see how integrations fit within larger systems.
- Experience in process creation, product rollout, product testing, and/or cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with and the knowledge of OpenRTB protocols, RESTful APIs, command line usage, and/or HTML.