At Dascena we are on a mission to build the next generation of precision medicine. We predict human health by developing machine learning predictive algorithms to enable early disease intervention and improve care outcomes for patients. We get the right intervention, to the right patient, at the right time. In this role, you will be responsible for innovating bug-free features and integration capabilities and have an eye towards simplicity, usability, scalability and efficiency. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving projects and priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the subject matter expert on EHRs integrations to successfully integrate and deploy Dascena’s core product.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing integration techniques, APIs, services, and data models.
- Develop technical documentation and implementation guides for integration services.
- Optimize integration methodology and bring best practices to shorten the technical delivery timeline.
- Participate in project technical design meetings as needed.
- Perform code reviews of other engineers' code.
- Mentor other engineering colleagues in best practices for general software development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you have:
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in hospital IT and/or software engineering focussed on healthcare.
- Experience with HL7, FHIR and API integration and development.
- Experience working with Python, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in managing integration projects from design to delivery.
- Experience in problem-solving and issue resolution, information collection, logging, steps to reproduce, diagnosis, root cause analysis as well as recommendations on remediation and resolution.
- Experience in communicating with external stakeholders/clients/technical personnel.
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required:
- Web security
- Integration Engines such as Mirth
What you’ll bring:
- Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to non-engineering members of the team. Able to discuss application features & use cases with end users and customer contacts.
- Strong organization skills needed and must pay close attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To continue to expand our diverse workforce, Dascena encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Dascena is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.