Analyzes, plans, designs, programs, configures and integrates purchased or custom software leveraging data virtualization. Provides support for complex application systems requiring knowledge of one or more programming languages. Works with internal IT resources and organizational end users, as necessary, to clarify current operating procedures and communicate integration objectives. Prepares technical specifications from which integration solutions will be developed.
This position requires a seasoned and experienced individual with adequate understanding of own job area. Work is performed independently and under limited supervision. Determines approach to work and is supervised based on milestones and at key deliverable junctures. Work is reviewed for overall accuracy and soundness of judgement. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Frequently applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for application systems and business processes.
- Design, develop, analyze, code, configure, test, debug, maintain and refine business applications to fit customer requirements for moderately complex projects.
- Plan all phases of assigned projects with limited supervision or support one or more components of moderately complex projects with direction from more experienced analysts.
- Advise internal customers on project timelines for all phases of technical design projects. Function as technical resource on appropriate projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed application designs.
- Prepare technical specifications from which solutions will be developed, configured or integrated with assistance from more experienced analysts.
- Convert technical specifications into code using proprietary and non-proprietary tools with assistance from more experienced analysts.
- Write high quality source code utilizing structured programming techniques to support application components and the development of applications.
- Support the development and coordination of system and integration test plans; partner with quality assurance testing teams to identify errors and confirm business specifications have been achieved.
- Support the transfer of software from test environment to production environment.
- Provide system administration support and day-to-day troubleshooting for custom application systems.
- Support the development of end-user training materials.
- Integrate software components and 3rd party programs.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a degree, six (6) years' directly related experience will be considered.
- Two (2) years’ related experience.
- Relevant developer certification(s) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of SOA, C#, TSQL and PSQL; knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS preferred.
- Knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Knowledge of synchronous, asynchronous messaging patterns.
- Basic knowledge of network architecture.
- Skills in technical and configuration problem solving.
- Knowledge of development tools.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles.
- Knowledge of development practices – tools, common components and program documentation.
- Knowledge of company supported hardware, software and operating systems to include configuration and connectivity.
- Ability to identify tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
- Analytical skills; ability to solve a range of straightforward problems, analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and summaries.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to develop application solutions for operational problems.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot system software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of systems and/or applications.
- Strong organization and process improvement skills.
- Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sedentary to light work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to view computer screen, sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Ability to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Subject to normal office noise levels.