The incumbent leads investigations and creates detailed design specifications (related to Infrastructure, integration, security and process flow design) for new end-to-end solutions across multiple platforms, enhancements or maintenance of existing solutions, or altering existing solutions or integrations to address currency issues according to BNS standards for all supported platforms in Enterprise Operations Technology.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Providing technical architectural designs solutions/reviews for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on web/internet systems (i.e. Web Servers, web Designs, Internet Protocols, Internet Security, Web Services, APIs, SOAP/REST, Cloud).
- Presenting work for review in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems to/with project team members and users during various stages of the development process;
- Analyze high-level requirements and create components breakdown to be able to estimate pieces in manageable fashion. Present the estimates to Director, other architects and ultimately business and socialize the reasoning and obtain concurrence.
- Acting as an internal architectural consultant on all integration related items (Systems, Solutions or infrastructure) while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle:
- Mentoring and coaching other team members on integration technics and related subjects;
- Creating Security Design Document and Solutions Overview Architecture and presenting those artifacts to Operational Readiness committee and answering all concerns and obtaining concurrence from committee.
- Providing suggestions and creating viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity based on Architecture best patterns and practices and Scotiabank Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems during standard working hours and assigned on-call hours.
- Escalating and/or reporting system problems to management as per the documented escalation procedures.
- UndergraduateDegree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- 10+ years technical work experience
- Minimum 4-5 years in Consulting or Corporate Systems Development environments or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Technical designations an asset (i.e. MCSC)
- Experience in ITIL Based support environment
Requisition ID: 20612