- Serving as a member of the Plant Leadership Team to collaboratively set strategies, masterplan activities, employee engagement activities, loss elimination ideas, and results delivery.
- Developing the cultural vision for the plant that provides the foundation for the IWS journey.
- Continually expanding and enhancing knowledge levels of Integrated Work Systems, lean manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance, and industry “best in class” manufacturing methodologies and operations practices to develop a culture of continuous improvement – will need to stay about 12 months ahead of the plant in personal knowledge.
- Leading the plant leadership team in the integration of the appropriate actions to support the cultural vision and to support the delivery of the Compelling Business Need. Be the change agent within the plant leadership team that brings a focus to ‘how’ results are delivered and sustained (“IWS is the work”).
- Building capability of the site leaders to implement IWS systems, tools, methodologies, capabilities, and standards.
- Ensuring CI tools and methodologies are used to drive all site result opportunities and to ensure all results are being sustained or improved per the site masterplan – own “how” breakthrough performance is achieved at the plant level.
- Responsible for the phased implementation of IWS at the plant & benchmarking with other plants in the division to drive best practices & standard work.
- Leading the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) process including maintaining measurement standards, coaching on improvement plans and strategies, training, coaching, and monthly reporting.
- Establishing and maintaining plant KPI’s and visual plant tools.
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Training budget and related expenses
- Productivity/quality standards: return to work
- Regulatory compliance and training (GMP, HACCP, OSHA)
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee development to meet GSF’s projected near- and mid-term objectives
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred from an accredited college or university.
5 or more years of relevant work experience.