As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for leading the team that conducts all procurement activity for the 2nd Stage of the New Glenn Program. Working with the program management team and functional groups, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating procurement activities for the 2nd Stage of the New Glenn Program from development to production and into launch operations. You will report to the New Glenn GS2 Director and will be responsible for working with functional support organizations. This includes procurement planning, subcontract and supplier evaluation and selection, input to make/buy decisions, purchasing strategy and cash flow planning, regular reporting of procurement status and forecasting, and involvement in negotiations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and manage procurement plan and schedule for New Glenn Stage 2 activities in Kent and Florida.
- Organize activities of supplier managers, commodity managers, and buyers to ensure alignment with program schedule and cost strategy.
- Coordinate the development of purchasing strategy that takes into account lower lead times, reduced process flow, and reduced overall supply chain costs.
- Review the baseline hardware split between the Orbital Launch Site (OLS) and the non-OLS production center, and identify scope trades between Kent and OLS that will reduce cost.
- Identify areas where on-time material delivery is a risk to the program, and recommend mitigating actions to build up supply redundancy.
- Work with Blue Origin Commodity Managers to execute the details of procurement contracts. Where Commodity Managers are not staffed, consult subsystem owners on commodity strategies.
- Participate in Supplier Quality initiatives as-needed to address business risks that emerge in the supply base.
- Influence sourcing strategies that effect planning for the followingfacilities /locations:
- Orbital Launch Site (OLS) Manufacturing Complex.
- Non-OLS production centers (Kent, Subassemblies facilities).
- The supply base.
- Engineering and business support functions.
- Work with company leadership, engineering design, and peers in a matrix organization to develop a comprehensive strategy to meet our rate expectations.
- Execute purchase orders where buyer support is limited to ensure program schedule is maintained.
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing, or Aerospace engineering or Economics
- Master’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or other related business field
- 15+ years of experience in design/manufacturing environments specific to production of complex systems with a track record of increasing responsibilities
- Strong written, personal, and data analytics skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience working with aerospace suppliers and subcontractors.
- Lean manufacturing and/or six sigma process implementation
- Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager) or Program Management Office (PMO)
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experienceB