Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused project engineer to work for the Next Generation Product Family (NGPF) Commercial Engines as an Integrated Product Team Lead, a role based in East Hartford, CT. In this role you'll be responsible for task execution on Fan hardware.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate and lead an Integrated Product Team to meet task and technical requirements
- Plan and manage budget for all hardware and tasks.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT and upper Pratt & Whitney management.
- Work closely with IPT members and authorities on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Lead Class 1 and Class 2 engineering change execution.
- Coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead cost reduction and sustainment initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced employees.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree Engineering with 7+ years of engineering experience OR Masters Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of engineering experience
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card Holder) is required
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and jet engines in particular would be highly desirable
- Previous gas turbine compressor experience
- Working proficiency with MS Office, Teamcenter, SAP, MS Project or other scheduling software
- The ability to craft clear communication and build positive relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
This position requires proven leadership, excellent communication skills, and project management experience.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.