NCI: as the Integrated Master Scheduler IV, you will support the PEO Soldier Headquarters office at Fort Belvoir, VA. You will work on complex projects which will require original thinking and new approaches. Your guidance will aid major programs, support priorities and ensure that the work products for the group conform to standards. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and manages efforts related to design, develop, and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and report on milestone status for the PEO Solider program and product managers. Applies principles of project management developing large complex schedules through interactions with a team.
- Organize and direct work, coordinate efforts related to design, develop, and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and report on milestone status for the PEO Solider program and product managers. Apply principle of project management developing large complex schedules through interactions with a team.
- Provide assistance to PEO Soldier teams to organize and facilitate project planning activities.
- Perform program schedule analysis to include: Metrics, Critical Path, Float, and schedule variances.
- Build and maintains a program-level IMS which includes major milestones and deliverables from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Government sources.
- Monitor OEM schedule performance to include weekly and monthly variances.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Identify process improvements and develops action items; monitors and ensures the completion of such action items.
- Act as scheduling subject expert and mentors the program staff with regards to scheduling.
- Understand and has facility with enterprise-level scheduling software.
- Propose processes that will aid Integrated Scheduling and understands the impacts of any changes to deliver full capability to PEO Soldier within projected schedule.
- Attend required PM and OEM meetings to include: Cost Performance Reporting, Scheduling Meetings and Program Management Reviews as requested.
- Support the Scheduling lead and assist in mentoring the program staff with regards to scheduling.
- Propose processes that will aid Integrated Scheduling and understand the impacts of any changes to deliver full capability to PM.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project, and a working knowledge of Project Server.
- Must be able to travel on occasion to various sites when needed (<10%)
- Bachelor's degree and > 12 years' experience
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required