Integrated Finance and Accounting Solutions (IFAS) is an 8(a), service-disabled veteran, woman owned small disadvantaged business firm that applies integrated finance and accounting solutions to every engagement to help clients build sustain, and maintain a profitable business model. We do this with a corporate commitment to provide on time service that is mission focused and results driven. It is our true belief that finding the right solutions to your business' mission makes doing business less challenging. IFAS’ core capabilities include business & Finance operations, IT Support Services, Acquisition and logistics support.
Essential Job Functions
- IFAS is seeking an Integrated Master Scheduler (IMS) to support a financial client within the federal sector for their modernization efforts. We are seeking professionals that have supported technical project schedules using MS Project, MS Project Server and/or Primavera. Qualified candidates must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Project for developing and maintaining individual project schedules an IMS. The candidate should be conversant in EVM terminology, though they are not expected to have experience managing EVM project execution. Optionally, candidate should have knowledge of MS Project Server. Candidate will perform rudimentary analytics in support of schedulereporting, such as project tasks at risk based on forecast and actual completion, in support of the client’s earned value management process (“EVM light”). The tasks required to be supported in this job are the following:
- Support the IMS Coordinator to develop, update, and maintain an IMS that accounts for all tasks, deliverables and milestones. The IMS shall contain milestones, dependencies, critical paths, exit criteria, and activities associated with the work to be performed.
- Develop and manage the overall Department level FSM IMS, Work Breakdown
- Structures (WBS), and responsibility assignment matrices to include detailed, discrete work packages and planning packages necessary to support the events, accomplishments, and criteria aligned with the overall implementation.
- Work with Components to develop their masterschedules, WBS, and responsibility assignment matrix.
- Ensure deliverables and tasks identified in component level masterschedules are accounted for in the Departmental IMS.
- Lead Departmental IMS status meetings for the purpose of tracking project progress.
- Monitor and report progress against the IMS.
- Identify and quantify schedulerisk and provide optimistic, expected, and pessimistic durations for each schedule activity and event
- Identify potential schedule slips, and monitor the status of project milestones and task completions.
- Work with the FSM JPMO Risk Management Officer and FSM JPMO leadership to identify risks that might impact the timely completion of tasks within the IMS and to take steps to mitigate or eliminate such risks.
- Produce reports that can be shared with FSM JPMO, Departmental, and external agency leadership showing progress against the established IMS.
- Strong consulting, communication and writing skills
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining MS Project schedules in excess of 1,000 tasks with external dependencies
- Experiencescheduling for federal government systems or software programs
- Conversant in EVM principals; experience using EVM a plus
- Experience using MS Project Server
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, or PMI-SP) a real plus, but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Schedule management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment
- Relevant MSDegree, Computer Science or Business
- Minimum 8years Business side of Information Technology supporting multi-dimensional Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing complex IMS that include multiple integrated work-streams
- Expert skill with MS Project Professional (2013)
- Understanding of Project Management principles
- Understanding of Agile Framework principle