Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 167 days ago
What's great about this role? This is an exciting time to join Team IBM Media as we are establishing a new agency model. We hope to build a premier performance media offering and you'll play a big part in doing that.
This represents an opportunity to work on IBM account, a top brand in the world whilst being creative and proposing new performance marketing ideas.
Team IBM Media, powered by Mindshare, a GroupM company is seeking a Media Director to help lead our new direct investment team for performance media planning and execution. This team focuses on creating and bringing the planned media strategies to life flawlessly, with a focus on achieving and optimizing critical metrics.
The role, while primarily digital, is Integrated Media, requiring a top professional with deep digital expertise but a knowledge of cross media. You will need to formulate the holistic integrated media strategies and oversee a team responsible for optimal rate negotiations, perfect execution, performance in market, and financial campaign management.
An advanced role, you will bring to bear a blend of knowledge of cross-media execution, performance marketing, and analytics. You will have daily interaction with the members of our clients’ Performance Marketing Team, bringing the strategic vision of their media plans to life, and interaction with our clients’ Corporate media team. You'll be driving those higher-level conversations based on insights across campaigns. In your new role as our Direct Investment Director you will harness your entrepreneurial spirit and a mindset for improving how we do what we do.
Your Day to Day:
This role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. You will supervise a planning group, and their responsibility extends from complete oversight of their assigned clients, to staff management/development to budget management. We'll be relying on you to deliver strategic leadership, understanding all aspects of our clients business and you will be deeply involved in the evolution of future offerings.
It is critical to nurture senior relationships within the agency, with client and with media properties.
• Build and maintain senior client relationships
• Direct the development of client presentations and other important communication
• Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation for enhanced media plans and results
• Grow client business and lead the planning group P&L
• Accountable for account budgets and billing
• Train, motivate and develop a planning group
You will be handling multiple campaigns, ensuring that the clients’ media strategies are planned and executed flawlessly - working to execute each campaign, troubleshoot issues, and steward the campaign through kickoff, optimization, and wrap-up.
You’ll partner with Performance Media, Advertising, and Corporate clients, and you’ll liaise across media planning, programmatic, social, and paid search teams regularly. We’d like you to be familiar with the best industry practices of biddable media, including paid search, programmatic and paid social, as they relate to Media Activation.
You’ll understand the core concepts behind media optimization and analytics, have knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing, and know how to pull intelligence from raw data, which will drive execution for our clients.
In addition to individual campaign responsibilities, you’ll be responsible for owning higher-level work streams, such as new partner onboarding, FTC compliance, and Notice & Choice, sharing insights and progress to our Corporate Media clients. Wherever possible, you’ll work with the Media Activation team to automate and improve processes across the business.
What you’ve already conquered:
• You possess 8-10 years of media investment and/or planning experience with at least some recent high level strategy work clients (with this seniority, knowledge of offline media is expected)
• Experience with technology clients is a plus (B2B preferred)
• Experience within performance marketing/demand generation
• Global experience preferred
• Proven leadership ability – have managed a team of planners & supervisors & AMD’s
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Resourceful, with validated analytic and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership and managerial skills to help junior team members grow
• Client management skills to get along with partners at multiple levels in the media planning process
• Mindset towards process optimization, both through manual processes and through technology
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and on multiple projects, demonstrating a mature ability to handle many things at once in a dynamic environment
System and Tools:
• Maintain a strong familiarity, if not outright expertise, with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and macros
• Solid knowledge of Prisma, tracking and tagging methods, and various analytic packages. Search marketing tools, popular programmatic trading desk knowledge a plus
• Media Research Tools, Viewability platforms
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.