In this critical role, the Integrated Business Planning Lead will be the technical leader of the IBP work stream on our oneERP technical and business process project. This leader will need to have a deep technical understanding of the SAP IBP planning landscape and also have experience in demand planning, inventory management, and supply and demand balance optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrated Business Planning Lead for oneERP is responsible for the definition, creation, thought leadership and provisioning of Integrated Business Planning application solution designs to drive business value and support operations planning across Global Albemarle. This person integrates relevant business requirements obtained from the Corporate IBP team and the Business teams into these designs and solutions that can be implemented globally.
- Provides global system solutions for business requirements in the functional SAP domain and SAP IBP environment and ensures technical alignment to the functional operating model. Ensures that the functional system solution adheres to Albemarle and leading chemical industry best practice for Integrated Business Planning.
- Identify and manage operational risk to ensure limited impact on Albemarle business.
- Be SAP technical subject matter expert of the planning systems and processes related to SAP IBP and SAP S/4 environment.
- Be a liaison between the IBP system users, Corporate IBP team, business partners and IT.
- Ensure technical solutions maintain design integrity, adhere to functional designs and meet business needs.
- Recommend operational continuous improvement opportunities, service efficiency initiatives and business process improvement to better serve business needs.
- Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the application.
- Work closely with other team members, locally and globally, proactively sharing expertise to improve and ensure team success.
- Providing the Analysis and Design Process and its associated documentation - Technical, functional specification, Test Plans
- Providing guidance on best practices in integrated planning processes.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into solutions - Implements standard systems processes that support an integrated supply chain
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, MIS, Supply Chain, or related technical field
ADDITIONAL, SKILLS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates must have the following experience or working knowledge:
- Possess a strong SAP configuration experience within project delivery framework including designing, developing/configuring, integrating, testing, implementing, and continuous improvement.
- Experience in Sales and Operations Planning, Supply and Demand Balancing, Operations Management, Production Control, Inventory Management or Scheduling.
- Successful experiences on full life-cycle SAP program initiatives
- At least 5 years relevant experience in designing and implementing multiple SAP Supply Chain Projects (SD/LE) with 3 full project lifecycle implementations.
- Project Management skills.
- Hands on configuration experience in process knowledge and experience around SAP IBP or a similar S&OP planning tool, SAP MRP, SAP MM as well as BOMs, routings, capacities in SAP.
- Experience with implementing integrated business planning processes by integrating S&OP with financialforecasting processes.
- Demonstrated experience with large Enterprise ERP implementations in the areas of technical design specification, development and knowledge transfer.
- Basic understanding of SAP S/4 1610 and any of the core modules (FI, SD, MM, LE, PP, PM) and Chemicals manufacturing business processes.
- Must have hands on experience in the Design/Blueprint phase of SAP transformation programs.
- Chemicals/Oil and Gas Industry experience Big PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data driven, addresses partner and customer needs
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Strong sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to participate in cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership internally and externally
Albemarle Corporation, headquartered in Charlotte NC, is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of highly-engineered specialty chemicals for consumer electronics; petroleum and petrochemical processing; transportation and industrial products; pharmaceuticals; agricultural products; construction and packaging materials. The Company operates in three business segments, Refining Solutions, Bromine, Lithium, and serves customers in approximately 100 countries