Intake Coordinator - Home Health / Hospice
ABOUT VISITING NURSE & HOSPICE CARE
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara area, meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community since 1908.
Our mission is to provide high quality home health, hospice and related services to promote the health and well-being of all community residents including those unable to pay. As we grow and enhance our services, we are looking for top-quality individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that authorizations are received and requested as needed, for new referrals; actively communicates with Finance Department.
2. Receives and processes high volume phone orders from physicians and other community resources, in a timely manner (including out of area referrals).
3. Responds to inquiry calls, providing guidance to ensure needs of callers are met.
4. Enters referral info into data systems (Home Health & Community Palliative Care).
5. Maintains Physician credentialing
6. Has working knowledge of state, federal, local and accreditation (CHAP) regulations.
7. Initiates coordination of care calls for all patients accepted for admission to Home Health.
8. Ensures Face to Face compliance.
9. Demonstrates proficiency with ProAccess, Wave and Allscripts Care Management programs.
10. Maintains accurate indexing of patient referral information in AllDocs.
11. Assists in facilitating adherence to the Physician Face to Face Encounter document per regulation.
12. Completes the Referral Information Note accurately within set timeframe.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Current state of California RN or LVN license and graduation from accredited nursing school strongly preferred.
2. Minimum 1-year medical experience in a computerized office environment and experience with home health and hospice services preferred.
3. Bilingual in Spanish-English strongly preferred.
4. Excellent computer skills.
5. Excellent customer service skills - timely, respectful, helpful communication and responsiveness. Stays flexible yet focused and respectful in high-stress situations
6. Able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly define priorities, and manage time efficiently.
7. Must work independently and function well in a strong team environment.
8. Self-directed and requires minimal supervision.