Job Summary: Theposition is responsible for invoice resolution and routing ofinvoices provider which may encompass data entry into the legacy system. The position is also responsible for responding tovendor inquiries, generating a weekly accounts payable aging report and contacting internalapprovers on statusof unapproved expenditures and maintaining thevendor master files in the accounting system. This function requires well developed skills in accounting, business analysis, and process improvement. Thesuccessful candidate will have an ability tothrive in an environment of rapid change; workeffectively within cross-functional teams; have a passion for operational excellence, and possess a strong set of communication and accounts payable skills. This position will also train onother Tempur Sealy ERP systems asneeded.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Process three way purchase order matching invoices and / or non-inventory expense invoices.
- Communicate with internal and external customer invoice/payment inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies, as needed
- Escalates and ensures all issues withthird party providers are documented in the system.
- Prepares void/stop payment request forms.
- Generate reports within the ERP system to interface 3rd party invoices into the system. Generate reportto post AP transactions into theG/L.
- Ensures all interfaced invoices are reviewed for approval within theappropriate accounting period and escalates unresolved items to theAP Supervisor.
- Maintains a high level ofconfidentiality.
- Assists with training of new Associates.
- Prepares and maintains SOP's for system processes.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however,Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludesthe marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance offundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and coordinates effectively
- Written Communication - Communicates clearly and withpurpose in a professional manner
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; supportseveryone's efforts to succeed
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex and diverse information
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to company profitability
- Ethics - Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism - Treats others withrespect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost-saving measures
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Dependability - Completes tasks ontime or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Internal and External Interfaces:
-Member of Tempur Sealy Accounting organization
- Part of Accounts Payable team
- Finance Operations Team
- Logistics Team
- Various other departments asnecessary to perform duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university preferred; a minimum of 6 years related experience and/or training. Strong knowledge ofaccounts payable process (2-5 years' experience minimum).