In this role, you will provide support strategic insight and thought leadership in all areas of pharmacy benefits management. You will work with Vizient associates and members to provide creative and thorough technical analysis and expertise on a wide variety of pharmacy benefit issues.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Insurance Services.
- Support the growth of Vizient’s PBM consulting practice by providing creative, substantive and effective responses to the unique requirements of our members.
- Assist with the identification and development of new and existing business opportunities related to pharmacy benefits management.
- Assist with sales and marketing initiatives by working closely with other Vizient departments and stakeholders. This includes, drafting proposals, presentations, exhibits, RFPs, RFIs, etc., and presenting information to clients and prospects.
- Manage PBM-related client projects, assignments, and deliverables such as contract reviews, contract negotiations, plan renewals, plan implementation reviews, claim audits, utilization data and report analysis, and cost savings analysis.
- Develop PBM-related products/services, and maintain business relationships with carriers, PBMs and other companies to meet the needs of members and clients.
- Provide technical review and analysis of PBM claim data, PBM RFPs, contracts, financial arrangements, internal analyses, plan design effectiveness, and reconciliation of PBM guarantees.
- Work closely with Vizient associates on client strategies and engagements, including implementation support as necessary.
- Create strategies with hospital executive teams to meet the objectives of their benefit programs.
- Track and manage Insurance Services and employee health business lines to revenue, participation and delivered member savings goals and objectives.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience working in the PBM industry, or related field required.
- Knowledge of PBM contract negotiations, pricing methodology, pricing terms, and underwriting conditions preferred
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects, priorities and tasks.