Our client is one of the largest privately owned insurance brokers in the United States. They are currently looking for a Sales Executive to cover the state of Missouri.
- Develops and promotes the sale and use of all products and services through regional directors, agents and on a direct basis to achieve premium growth, profitability and market penetration objectives in an assigned territory. Promotes and maintains goodwill between and key emergency service organizations in an assigned territory.
- Perform activities that lead to sales within territory through RDs, agents, or on a direct basis.
- Assist Regional Vice President with the development of sales plans for an assigned territory to include: geographic penetration, premium and new business growth and profitability.
- Independently obtain leads through possible sourcing opportunities, cold calling and work closely with brokers and partners to identify and sell new business opportunities.
- Target and obtain appointments with potential clients to assess their individual needs and demonstrate how products and services can meet or exceed these needs.
- Develop close working relationship with key accounts.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance to retain their business.
- Maintain relationships with brokers by providing support, information and guidance to retain business and write new business.
- Research and recommend account development opportunities for existing clients.
- Identify and communicate to management product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor activity.
- Maintain a high level of visibility and communication with emergency service organizations by participating in key ESO conventions or meetings on a state and regional level.
- Assist Regional Vice President in the identification and development of new products and services and corresponding promotional materials.
- Recognize competitive insurance programs and be able to do a comparative analysis with products and services.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years commercial property and casualty sales, marketing or underwriting experience.
- Willingness to travel at least 75% of the time, including overnight and weekend travel.
- Familiarity with all aspects of emergency service organizations and desire to maintain active interest in the industry's activities.
- Must have and maintain current Property & Casualty license and have and maintain or attain within three (3) months Life and Health licenses for appropriate states.
- Successful completion of at least two parts of CPCU or three parts CIC.
- Strong presentation skills required to perform sales presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with and persuade various personality types, both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills are required to effectively prioritize work and consistently meet objectives.
- Superior verbal and grammatical ability required to effectively communicate and achieve marketing objectives
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Should possess strong drive and demonstrate empathy toward the concerns of agents, regional directors and emergency service organization members.