Reporting to the MassMutual Corporate Insurance Risk Manager, this individual will assist with aspects of corporate insurance risk with an emphasis on subsidiary and international insurance issues.
The successful candidate must be able to provide diversified support and perform basic to highly complex tasks while exhibiting the highest level of judgment, confidentiality, accuracy, organization, attention to detail, and self-motivated multitasking.
- Assist with all aspects of commercial insurance acquisition, renewal, development and post-renewal processes including but not limited to the collection of renewal exposure data, review of underwriting data, specifications and quotations, participation in carrier discussions and final approval of premium allocation schedules, insurance quotes and invoices
- Develop and executes risk assessment/transfer strategies to minimize the company's exposure and total cost of risk
- Advises senior management on insurance needs and coverage alternatives
- Manage commercial insurance claims, including but not limited to the creation, review and distribution of notices and proofs of loss, the coordination of carrier payments, the accurate distribution of claim proceeds and recording of same.
- Contract review (third party vendor, RFP, etc.) including the ability to provide resolutions prior to document execution to insure that they conform to company standards.Works closely with legal and internal business units on contract/RFP reviews to ensure insurance provisions meet company standards/ can be met by company coverages
- Communication with internal and external clients' inquiries pertaining to coverage, claims issues
- Oversight of insurance certificate processes
- Some travel, administrative duties and other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certification with 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Previous experience within the financial services or life insurance industry preferred