We are looking for Insurance follow-up for our client in Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Title: Insurance follow-up
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- Works under the direction of the Patient Financial Service Manager. Is engaged in activities relating to the collection of payment and/or resolution of self-pay balance accounts.
- Reports to Patient Financial Service Supervisor
- Preferred: One year prior experience in a hospital setting, billing certification or Customer Service; Experience in a clinic, payer or collection agency setting may be substituted. Must have working knowledge of managed care, Medicare/Medi-Cal Billing regulations.
- Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required
- Knowledge of computer based claims management.
- Strong windows knowledge, keyboarding skills, knowledge of database system and experience with internet applications.
- Able to operate basic office equipment i.e. copiers, fax machines and calculators.
- Must have an understanding of medical terminology.
- Requires strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Able to prioritize workload and possess good time management skills.
- Must have knowledge of contract management and federal and state regulatory guidelines.