Serco has an exciting and challenging new opportunity for an Insurance Manager to support the United States and Canada businesses at our Headquarters in Herndon, VA.
Use your expertise in identifying uninsurable and insurable risks working with Legal and Finance staff to accomplish the day to day administration of the insurance program, advise Business Development and Contracts staff on insurance issues relating to projects, work with key internal and external stakeholders on insurance strategy, developing insurance processes to ensure excellence in the delivery of the insurance program to the business.
You will manage the corporate insurance program in consultation with UK Group, including working with Business Units and Contracts procuring all commercial insurance products, acting as the primary contact with the company’s insurance brokers and advisers and functioning as the company’s initial, “go-to” person for insurance questions and work with key internal and external stakeholders on insurance strategy, developing insurance processes to ensure excellence in the delivery of the insurance program to the business.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that Serco UK requests for information and annual renewal information packs are provided in a timely manner
- Communicate insurance issues to Serco Group Director of Insurance, the North America General Counsel, the North America CFO, the Director of HSE & Risk and other stakeholders as required
- Liaise with Serco Group Director of Insurance, the North America General Counsel, the North America CFO, the Director of HSE & Risk to ensure that all insurances are placed and renewed as required to meet business needs and the align with the Serco Group and North America insurance strategy.
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance are requested and issued
- Manage the work of insurance consultants, brokers and TPAs; including preparation of insurance submissions for insurance policies and risk programs
- Performs all functions related to the management, placement, servicing and administration of all aspects of Serco NA’s domestic and international insurance programs for all lines of coverage including Workers’ Compensation, Automobile Liability, General Liability, Excess Liability, Property, Defense Base Act, Pollution Liability, Marine & Ship Repairer’s Liability, Aviation, Crime, Cyber Liability, Professional Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Medical Malpractice, Trustee/Fiduciary 401(k) Liability
- Review proposed contracts and provide advice to stakeholders on necessary provisions to align contract terms with insurance obligations and restrictions
- Review insurance provisions of company contracts to determine compliance and provide advice to stakeholders on actions
- Review and advise stakeholders on necessary insurance requirements on new bids and obtain quotes for the cost of such insurances in a timely manner
- Establish processes and document procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Compliance related tasks associated with approvals of invoices and payments of insurance premiums and broker fees, etc.
- Perform special projects and other duties as necessary
- Assist with the implementation and development of risk management policies and practices in North America and more broadly with the Group
- Ensure all policy certificates and wordings are negotiated to ensure that they align with business needs and required risk coverage
To be successful in this roll, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Insurance and Risk Management or similar (preferred)
- One or more professional certifications related to the position such as AIC, ARM, or similar professional qualifications (preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in commercial insurance management either within an insurance broker, insurer or an in-house environment (or combination thereof)
- In-depth experience structuring and managing insurance programs covering mid - large asset pools
- Strong working knowledge of property, business interruption, commercial general liability, product liability, professional liability, workers compensation, fleet motor vehicle and officers and directors insurance products and structures
- Strong planning and organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently
- Driven to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity and in a highly ethical and professional manner
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different Business Units/ Contracts and insurance brokers and underwriters
- Strong analytical skills
- Mature commercial experience, inquisitive about commercial risks
- Has dealt with major insurance brokers
- Been responsible for insurance within a mid-large size North American companies
- A detailed understanding of insurable risk and related issues
- Working understanding of the policy types of insurances held by commercial organizations
- Understanding of underwriting information requirements of insurers
- Understanding of processes for major insurance claims, roles of insurance adjusters
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint