Insurance General Manager
Summary of Role
DataRobot is seeking an experienced Insurance professional to lead our Insurance (Property & Casualty, Life, Reinsurance) practice as Insurance General Manager (GM). The Insurance GM is responsible for developing and executing on the worldwide go-to-market strategy for DataRobot in Insurance including sales, marketing, partners, and product. The Insurance GM will have an executive-level grasp of trends, business drivers, and priorities in Insurance combined with a viewpoint on the potential for machine learning to transform the industry.
DataRobot is one of the hottest AI start-ups in the world and Insurance is one of our most successful and highest potential markets. DataRobot is defining a category called automated machine learning and has already raised more than $122M from the likes of NEA, Intel Ventures and New York Life to fuel its expansive ambitions.
- Develop comprehensive overall go-to-market strategy for DataRobot in Insurance.
- Work with Sales to implement a successful sales plan that exceeds revenue targets.
- Engage with Product to define and advocate for critical industry requirements.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop vertical specific marketing plan.
- Interact closely with Insurance customers to understand needs and drive adoption
- Leverage relationships and contacts in the industry to enhance sales and marketing efforts.
- Establish DataRobot as a thought leader in the space through speaking engagements, interviews, writing, and other related means.
- 10+ years of experience working in the Insurance domain, with 5+ years in a leadership role in a line of business, internal department, analytics team, or consulting practice.
- Deep understanding of insurance market/ products/ functions and an ability to be a thought leader in the space.
- Familiar with machine learning and data science and understand the key applications and use cases in Insurance.
- Hands-on data science expertise is a plus.
- Industry eminence: solid industry contacts, network, and meaningful relationships with many insurance professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willingness to present at events and write Insurance related content in support of building the practice.
- Located in a key market for Insurance with an ability to travel 50%+