A Carolina liability litigation law firm seeks an experienced insurance defense litigation attorney to join their Charlotte, NC litigation team.
- 7 to 8years of general insurance defense litigationexperience.
- Construction litigation experience is a plus.
- Dual licenses in NC & SC.
- If not licensed in SC; willing to take the SC Bar within the next year or two.
- Portable book of business is a huge plus.
- Actively tries cases to jury verdict demonstrating exceptional use of trial skills in litigating cases.
- Independently handles complex litigation and large exposure cases from case inception through trial/resolution.
- Demonstrates exceptional legal research and writing skills.
- Drafts substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other legal documents.
- Proactively identifies and communicates exposure and risk in a timely manner to insured clients and claim partners.
- Builds and fosters internal and external client relationships with a customer centric focus.
- Takes a leadership role in working collaborativelywith claim and business partners to achieve results and identify/resolve issues.
- Provides leadership through mentoring other attorneys and legal support staff.
- Provides internal and external training, seminars and legal updates to insured clients and claim partners.
- Provides in-depth, substantive analysis and quality reporting to insured clients and claim partners in a timely manner.
- Initiates special projects and identifies other opportunities to support office goals/business needs.
- Fully and effectively utilize available technology and automation.
- Adheres to all standards of excellence in file organization and management.
- Timely completes all required administrative tasks including time reporting, case closings, and otherreporting.
- Travels as required to meet business needs.
QUALIFIED ATTORNEYS WILL BE CONTACTED