The Insurance Consultant(IC) is responsible for driving life insurance revenue within a given territory, supporting advisory professionals across Scotia Wealth Management – ScotiaMcLeod, Private Investment Counsel, Private Banking, and Scotiatrust. The incumbent is also responsible for leading any team members in the support of those advisors and the sales and servicing of their clients’ insurance needs.
1. Achieve annual sales targets while leading the end-to-end insurance sales process for target opportunities by:
- Running quotes and illustrations utilizing multiple insurance company software programs and internal spreadsheet templates;
- Meeting with clients and advisors to assess their needs and recommend relevant solutions;
- Completing documentation required to process business;
- Communicating with advisors, clients, and admin staff throughout the underwriting process;
- Delivering policies and collecting any final requirements; and
- Identifying situations that are better supported by more junior team members and bringing him/her into the situation.
2. Build and maintain strong relationships throughout the region by:
- Meeting regularly with advisors, relationship managers, and other client facing staff to build credibility, strengthen personal connections, and demonstrate proficiency and value to their practices;
- Partnering with other experts (e.g. Senior Financial Planning Consultants) to position and deliver insurance solutions within a coordinated, client-centric process;
- Participating in branch & regional meetings/activities
- Communicating with sales management leaders on advisor activities, roadblocks, successes, etc;
3. Increase awareness of advisors and help them to identify insurance opportunities by:
- Meeting individually with advisors to discuss individual clients within their businesses;
- Providing insights to Market Directors that will support their own advisor engagement efforts;
- Ensuring that available insurance company resources (e.g. wholesalers, Tax & Estate Planners) are properly leveraged and deliver education to the region;
- Running seminars—for either clients or advisors—to educate on insurance opportunities;
- Facilitating product and strategy awareness campaigns.
4. Facilitating the delivery of training, marketing and promotional support with the region by:
- Delivering presentations, as required;
- Leveraging insurance wholesalers to provide regular training to advisors and relationship managers;
- Distributing promotional and marketing material on an ad-hoc or regular basis;
- Collaborating with National Office to develop and deliver new content – tools, collateral, etc. – that will support their business development efforts;
- Developing and implementing local marketing and business development activities (e.g. sales campaigns).
5. Support IC team development by:
- Providing training and mentoring to new, more junior team members;
- Assisting IC with presentations/meetings related to larger, more complex case work;
- Shadowing IC at client presentations/client seminars;
- Working with Insurance Administrative Assistants and/or Insurance Marketing Assistants to teach and familiarize them with responsibilities with respect to IC team
6. Demonstrate team leadership by:
- Regularly attending group conference calls and other team meetings;
- Sharing knowledge, information, and advice with your peers;
- Contributing to national business development efforts through case studies and other activities;
- Participating in various training initiatives that further the effective delivery of the Total Wealth strategy.
- Proficiency with insurance company software and spreadsheet presentation templates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated sales and marketing ability and desire to enhance sales skills;
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge Microsoft applications (especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Word);
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Expert knowledge of the life insurance industry;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to achieve established goals.
Life insurance license;
Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in insurance industry;
It is desirable that the IC also have:
- Additional designations, such as CFP or CLU, or a willingness to pursue them;
- Canadian Securities Course;
- Good understanding of the wealth management industry.
Requisition ID: 20430