Facilitate the sales and administrative processes for Property and Casualty clients on assigned accounts, working closely with producer and P&C agency staff. Must be knowledgeable in areas of P&C coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting and legislative changes.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Assist producer with achieving new business and retention goals. Seek new lines of coverage for current and new clients and act on cross-sell opportunities.
2. Ensure review of existing plans/coverages is completed for new clients.
3. Manage the renewal marketing process, coordinating with producer to develop proposals and recommendations. Negotiate renewal with carrier. Deliver recommendations to clients as needed, or accompany producer in making presentations.
4. Control and coordinate the implementation process of new business and renewals, including renewal meetings, on boarding, and delivery of administrative resource materials.
5. Build and maintain relationships with key client contacts.
6. Assist with obtaining reports and meeting with clients regarding claims, risk management, and safety; to be done monthly or quarterly, as necessary.
7. Maintain relationships with carrier representatives, staying abreast of new products, carrier procedural changes and market trends. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients, as opportunities occur.
8. Prepare annually, the Stewardship Report for appropriate clients, with assistance of producer and P&C agency staff.
9. Ensure clients are up-to-date on compliance requirements and industry changes through meetings, webinars, legislative updates and other resources.
10. Liaise between client and carrier and between client and P&C agency staff on escalated service issues and problem solving, assuring clients their concerns remain active until verifiably complete and confirmed.
11. Make proactive, regularly scheduled courtesy service calls to assigned accounts.
12. Facilitate seminars, educational materials, training, and group meetings as requested, in cooperation with Account Manager.
13. Provide administrative support on other tasks as they arise, such as assigned special projects, development of new ideas/services and other projects, as requested.
14. Become proficient in the P&C system, specifically log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date(s), and daily manage follow-up in the P&C system. Also, understand how P&C staff uses the system to know where to look for information to assist clients.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of relevant experience
3. State-issued agent's license
4. Strong knowledge of Property and Casualty practices, and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities
5. Ability and experience working with large retail accounts
6. Ability to communicate complex rules to clients and associates to achieve understanding and facilitate decision making
7. Comprehensive knowledge and training on Alternative Risk Programs, such as Captives, Large Deductibles, and Self Insured plans
8. Competent with the various resources and tools designed to provide client/prospect solutions for risk mitigation, total cost of risk identifier, etc.
9. Comprehensive knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance plans, markets, and carriers
10. Superb written and verbal interpersonal skills
11. Good analytical skills
12. Strong communication and organizational skills
13. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
14. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Knowledge of BB&T Insurance Services' management systems, Sagitta/SurePath
2. Hold insurance designation (Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM)).