We are looking for Insturmentation Engineer for our client in El Segundo, CA
Job Title: Insturmentation Engineer
Job Location: El Segundo, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min year of exp 5 - 6years
- To deliver engineering work packages with scope description, detailed work instructions, material identification & quotations, Company standard drawings, datasheets, loop drawing, Instrument index, drawing sketches, calculations & sizing documentations, another necessary vendor documentation etc.
- To size and calculate orifice plates, DP type level transmitter, Thermowell wake frequency calculations in-house.
- To coordinate and review vendor sizing and selection of instrumentation such as control valves, on-off valves, Pitot tubes flowmeter, mass flow meters, level gauges and other special Instruments, if any.
- To generate the Datasheets, Instrument index and loop drawing using SPI.
- To document the demolition of existing instrumentation whenever require.
- To generate the material, take off sheet to be attached with package.
- To document detailed work instructions to execute scope identified.
- To coordinate AOA (Alarm objective Analysis) and COA (Control objective Analysis) processes for new or modified instrumentation alarm and control trip points configuration.
- To review and signoff the package from Instrumentation SME and final handover.
- Refinery Experience, Instrument Design Experience, EWO experience is MUST.
- Instrument Engineer, Plant experience, Engineering Work Order, Instrument Maintenance, Instrument Design, control valve sizing, Orifice Sizing, datasheet, loop drawing, Instrument Index, turn around
- Instrumentation & Control experience.
- Asset Information Management Skills.
- Must have plant experience/Instrumentation maintenance experience/Instrumentation design experience.
- He/She should have at least 4-5years? of experience of working in plants, refinery experience is preferred.
- Should have knowledge of Instrument maintenance and design.
- Must have experience of Instrumentation Engineering work order preparation for turn around.
- He should be able to elaborate turn around and engineering work order terms.
- Turn-around is planned shutdown of any refinery/plant. Engineering Work Order (EWO) should include (i) Scope of the work order (ii) Applicable specifications and codes, welding procedures and NDE (iii) Detailed Instructions (iv) MTO (Material Take-off), Drawings, P&IDs, Isometrics, Plot plans, etc.
- Need Experince in Instrument sizing calculation?.. Should have experience of Control valve sizing, orifice sizing, DP (Differential Pressure) Calculation.
- Field Experience
- Coordianation and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor in Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- Oil & Gas industry experince is MUST.