SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIST - INSTRUMENTATION
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Operations team, the Systems Technologist (Instrumentation) position at Heritage will beresponsible fortroubleshooting, servicing and calibratingindustrialmeasuring and controlling instrumentation.
• Determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
• Provide input on equipment installation, total predictive/preventive maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Drive yield improvement through effective planned maintenance and fast response to repair issues.
• Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts.
• Provide instrumentation support and training for plant electricians.
• Liaison with engineering department on all related equipment modifications.
• Provide support for all departments when launching new programs.
• Maintain plant controls specification and parts list for new equipment entering the plant.
• Design electrical schematics in AutoCAD format for any equipment changes.
• Maintain accurate documentation of calibration records and procedures.
• Develop and maintain critical spare parts list for all key equipment.
• Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
• Provide support for plant equipment when required.
• Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and toprocesses which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
• 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in an environment utilizing Lean manufacturing principles.
• Expert in process control systems with ability to read and modify PLC and HMI programming.
• Specific expertise in Allen-Bradley PLC logic with good working knowledge of other control systems such as Siemens.
• Logical approach for troubleshooting.
• Progressive team player with focus on continuous improvement.
Reference No.: 10947001