Instrumentation Reliability Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Engineering Services
Instrumentation Reliability Engineer
Industry Leader of High-Tech Polymer Materials
Job Location near Deer Park, TX,
Instrumentation Reliability Engineer for our strategic manufacturing site. The Instrumentation Reliability Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert to lead continuous improvement of instrumentation-related reliability procedures, installation, maintenance practices, and technological advances opportunities.
· Provide oversight on investigating site-wide impact failures and other chronic issues with instrumentation and related systems.
· Be accountable and responsible for developing specific and effective corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of site-impacting instrumentation failures.
· Consult and assure a harmonized implementation of the Asset Strategy Management Process for I & E instrumentation including central warehousing and asset maintenance.
· Be consulted by I & E Asset Engineers during investigations and implementation of improvements.
· Work on teams with other Project, Maintenance, and Asset Engineers, as well as trainers, procurement specialists and global reliability experts to identify key areas for reliability enhancements.
· Creating and overseeing the execution and progression of instrumentation reliability related site-wide projects.
· Ensure use of application of company global standards, concepts, and workflows across the site.
· Responsible for preparation and management of Safety Requirement Specifications documentation throughout the Safety Lifecycle.
· Act as local partner for suppliers and service providers in field of expertise.
· Act as the regional contact person and I & E representative of the global phosgene committee.
· Support instrumentation reliability global initiatives and actively contribute to the local and global I & E Reliabilityworking groups.
· Provide actionable reports from reliability records.
· 8+ years’ experienceBachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or related Engineeringdegree.
· 6+ years’ experience/ Master’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or related EngineeringDegree.
· 3+ years’ experience/PhD degree in ElectricalEngineering or related Engineeringdegree.
· Honorably discharged Veteran with 15+ years of equivalent military technical expertise In-depth experience in an industrial or chemical complex directly supporting a production unit/maintenance team.
· Extensive knowledge of the maintenance, specifications and engineering of instrument (including control valves), electrical, functional safety and programmable systems.
· Strong experience in failure analysis and root cause analysis of reliability or operational issues developing sustainable corrective and preventative action plans.
· Experience must include support for Isocyanates units and knowledge of process-related global regulations, standards and installation details.
· Proficiency in Minitab, Matlab and Windows driven programs such as Microsoft Excel.
· Six Sigma Certification.
· Experience using SAP and InTools.
· Reliability Software knowledge (Weibull ++, etc.)
· Broad knowledge in data mining, statistical process control and physics-of-failures analysis.
· Solid organizational, planning and detailed oriented analytical skills.
· Well versed in collaboration and negotiation with subject matter vendors and customers, skilled at influencing others, and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.