Are you searching for a rewarding career with a great team of talented people who are leaders in their fields – from research, engineering and agronomy to information technology, supply chain and marketing? Do you believe in driving results in friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives?
If so, you've come to the right place: this chemical leader is built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation and customer focus, and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset. They are:
A leading manufacturer of nylon 6 resins and films, which are used to make products important to everyday life – from automotive parts, carpeting, and food packaging to wire and cable, building materials and sports apparel
Respected by customers far and wide as trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply.
A career at this leading chemical company means opportunity and possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility and hands-on experience in a friendly, dynamic workplace.
THIS ROLE SITS IN RICHMOND VA Area!!!
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist located at the Resins & Chemicals manufacturing facility in Chesterfield, VA.
Client Company is a fully-integrated nylon manufacturing leader serving customers globally with a range of resins, films, fertilizers and chemical intermediates found in everyday life. Through its chemical engineers, agronomists, logistics experts and support teams, the company is able to respond quickly to customer needs in end markets that include carpet, textiles, engineeringplastics, films, industrial filament and high-value crops. Headquartered in New Jersey, its plants in Chesterfield, Va., Hopewell, Va., Frankford, Pa., and Pottsville, Pa. are some of the largest and most efficient of their kind. Its research and development efforts in North America, Asia and India are focused on developing innovative process technologies and new products that will lead the nylon industry into the future.
The HSE Specialist will provide global support for driving safety excellence. This role is focused on implementation of effective operating mechanisms that assure regulatory compliance, management of HSE and achievement of performance excellence at the operating line level and supporting a mature HSE culture via the systematic processes.
Instrumentation Reliability Engineer
- Responsible for identifying and utilizing preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and consultants
- Inspection of new and repaired equipment and for making spare parts recommendations
- Managing the predictive monitoring of equipment, documenting repairs, PM equipment inspections during TARs
- Responsible for Root Cause Failure Analysis and identifying best engineering practices
- Provide technical assistance to the hourly Instrumentation work group, as needed
- Provide guidance on new instrumentation technology, plant standards and drawing updates
- Develop and implement Reliability and Maintenance procedures pertaining to Instrumentation
- Work with the E/I group to ensure MI compliance program pertaining to CEM’s and Instrumentation process and instrumentation based environmental reporting
- Responsible for supporting all instrument maintenance in a plant environment with five production units and all supporting infrastructure
- Responsible for evaluating recurring instrumentation and controls failures to determine root cause and corrective action
- Human Responsible for overseeing preventative and predictive maintenance programs for instrumentation and controls
- Responsible for electrical and instrument oversight of activities generated by the Management of Change process
- Responsible for supporting capital projects from design phase to startup
- Back up for Electrical Engineer as necessary
- Responsible for working with I&E supervisor to develop and maintain I&E budget for site
- This position will work to improve instrumentation reliability by applying ReliabilityEngineering principles, statistical data analysis and supporting work process for the Hopewell facility
- Train and assist people how to prepare Reliability Plans for critical instrumentation: Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Operator Monitoring, Critical Repair activities, and Spare Parts bills of materials quality assurance
- Analyze failures and recommend corrective action
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) teams and use lean principles to perform work
- Lead Reliability-focused Failure Modes and Effects Analyses teams where appropriate
- Functional Owner of the Instrumentation elements of the Specialty Materials Inspection, Testing and Preventive Maintenance standards for OSHA1910.119 Mechanical Integrity element of Process Safety Management
- Maintain currency with developments in the instrumentation fields to recommend improvements to current practices
- Work to develop and implement reliability control plans for instrumented systems as part of an ongoing asset risk management initiative
- Responsible for the safe and proper management and handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in compliance with plant requirements
Minimum BS in Engineering (Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls Systems Engineeringpreferred)
- 5-8years of experience as a reliability engineer specializing in instrumentation and controls experience
- Minimum 5-8years of maintenance and reliabilityexperience in a Chemical, Oil & Gas, Power, or Manufacturing facilities is preferred
- Strong Instrument and Controls knowledge/experiencerequired
- Experiencewith small scope capital projects
- Capable of analyzing data from equipment history records (SAP, equipment files, vendor research) as basis for reliability plans
- Experience in instrumentation reliability (PLC’s, DCS’s, Sensing Elements, Transmitters, Control Elements and Valves)
- Knowledge in the use and application of predictive technologies (infrared, calibration history, diagnostic software/systems)
- Familiarity/experiencewith calibration documentation systems
- Portrays excellent team leadership skills. Effective in working with and learning from personnel in various roles and from diverse backgrounds; including engineers, designers, drafters, union and non-union craftspeople, suppliers, and constructioncontractors
- Experiencewith utilizing SAP-PM and/or Meridium for reliability data collection and analysis is a plus
- Good proficiency in use of Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experiencewith PLC programming, DCS programming, calibration and repair of plant instrumentation, analyzer calibration, combustion flame safety shutdown controls, local control loops, and the National Electric Code and ISA standards
- Self-starter / highly motivated.
- Must be focused on continuous improvement.
- Must work well with all levels of the organization.
- Must provide indirect support to the implementation of the Maintenance Excellence initiative (Planned Maintenance).
- Must provide direct support of the Maintenance Excellence initiative (Proactive Maintenance).
- Attitude must foster a positive team environment.