Position Summary & Duties:
The Instrumentation Engineer is a direct-hire position with our specialty chemical client in the Sulphur, LA area.
Instrumentation Engineer Job Description:
Instrumentation Engineer is accountable for the electrical, instrumentation and control system maintenance engineering function. This position is to assure proper design, installation and repair of instrument and electrical equipment and control systems according to regulatory standards. This position provides expertise to support revamp, maintenance, operations, and capital project activities.
Instrumentation Engineer Job Requirements:
• 5 plus years' of field instrumentation experience in a chemical facility without a degree.
• Engineering degree and 10+ years' instrumentation experience with chemical facility experience.
• Prior plant operating experience mandatory including construction and maintenance experience.
• Develop, support, and maintain Delta V DCS and PLC control systems including the configuration database, controller and operations descriptions, coding, display layouts, simulations, and hardware.
• Support Continuous Process Improvement through control systems changes and optimization.
• Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering and technical support to plant revamp, operations and maintenance.
• Evaluates, monitors and upgrades Electrical, Instrumentation and Process Control infrastructure.
• Evaluates effectiveness and assists in development of Predictive and Preventive maintenance plans.
• Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis and execute corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
• Liaison with equipment suppliers pertaining to any E&l issues.
• Coordinates electrical and other related contracted work.
• Design, specify, install and troubleshoot industrial electrical, power distribution, and instrumentation control systems for projects .
• Provide high-quality design,scope, and cost/schedule estimates including P&IDs, and equipment drawings and specifications.
• Perform the project management function for the execution of small and mid-size capital projects.
• Lead the commissioning activities during plant start up including preparing documents (engineering).
• Comments on projects/Modification Instrumentation and electrical design .
• Local candidates preferred.