JOB DESCRIPTION: INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL ENGINEER sought by a major Chemical Company for its Magnolia, Arkansas manufacturing Plant. The INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRICAL ENGINEER will be responsible for providing I & E DESIGN expertise for Site Capital Projects. Will report to the Site Engineering Mgr. Job functions include:
- Defining Project scope, determining optimum Engineering solutions, estimate Costs, provide detailed engineering design for I & E scope on Capital Projects.
- Provide specifications for I & E Equipment.
- Work closely with Vendors, Contractors, Internal Customers.
- Develop I & E Construction Packages. Participate in Project bidding & review process.
- Monitor field I & E construction activities assuring compliance with applicable Codes & Specifications.
- Develop procedures for & participate in Instrument Loop Testing & Commissioning.
- BS Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Able to design, construct, test 480 VAC power distribution & motor controls [ Starter-Soft Start-VFD].
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Chemical or Petrochemical Project environment.
- Able to interpret & modify PLC/DCS/HRI configurations [APT, Workshop, Wonderware].
- Can interpret & perform Power Distribution Load Study, Short Circuit Analysis, Arc Flash Analysis.
- Working knowledge of NEC & Electrical Safety based on NFPA 70E.
- Corrosive & Hazardous Area Electrical Classifications.
- Medium Voltage knowledge up to 15KV.
- Experience with SAP Project Module.