Sr. Engineer – Instrumentation & Controls
The Senior Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Senior Engineer performs basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Senior Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline required
- PE license
- 15 years experience performing engineering analysis and design functions with 10+ years leading engineering projects in a petrochemical environment.
- Candidates will have experience with specifying field instrumentation and process analyzers; specifying DCS/PLC hardware and wiring design is required; working knowledge of P&ID’s, PFD’s, loop diagrams, installation details, NEC/ISA standards; estimating engineering project costs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Access
- Working knowledge of Smart Plant Instrumentation would be an asset
- Willingness to function as a project engineer when warranted
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.