At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we enjoy more than an engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency and recognized as a subject matter expert in SCADA systems.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency and understanding of SCADA communication networks and security systems (switches, firewalls, DMZs, etc.)
- Is the technical lead on sometimes large and complicated projects and is able to delegate tasks as necessary.
- Supports peers and junior staff with knowledge sharing and is the “go to” technical resource when staff meet technical obstacles.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Client Managers and clients to identify projects and then develop associated scopes of work and budgets.
- Performs QA/QC functions to ensure accuracy and adequacy of work products.
- Assess condition of clients’ SCADA systems and prepares reports and presentations on findings and recommended solutions to aged equipment or equipment in disrepair.
- Has keen ability to work with plant operators and other key client staff to understand their needs as related to achieving highly optimized and automated systems.
- Maintains training and certifications to stay ahead of industry practices or to expand technical skillset.
- Maintains professional licensure and continuing education requirements, as applicable.
- Trains junior, project level staff, and clients.
- Fosters one-on-one relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to become trusted as the technical expert to develop new projects and help our clients.
- Is Client facing and communicates effectively with all stakeholders.
- Works with other Technical Managers to distribute workload to all staff in the best interest of the practice.
- The list of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Local travel (day trips) and occasional overnight travel.
- Safety – understands that job site safety is paramount and adheres to safety protocols.
- Communication & Leadership – effectively and concisely communicates (initiating and receiving) messages to a wide array of internal and external stakeholders. This includes verbal and written forms of communication.
- Collaboration - embraces change and adapts well to a dynamic business environment. Energetically supports initiatives and continuous improvements. Provides feedback to leadership team on service teams’ needs and issues while partnering with other team members to plan and execute projects.
- Quality - consistently performs QA / QC on projects.
- Organization - strong attention to detail, analytical, and strong organization skills.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university with 10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 8 years of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Hands-on experience with industrial control systems and related experience in 480 VAC equipment, VFD’s RVSS and PLC controls.
- Experience with the following platforms:
- Allen Bradley hardware and software, other industry standard PLC’s and software (GE, Siemens, VTScada, Ignition, Modicon, Schneider, etc)
- Network communications via radio, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and cellular
- Cyber security related hardware, software and protocol
- Thorough understanding of control and power drawings
- XLReporter, Hach WIMS
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Automation Professional (CAP), Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST), or equivalent, as appropriate.
- Membership in respective professional societies.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities required of a senior-level technical expert.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.